POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : hash marks : Re: hash marks Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:29:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hash marks
Date: 12 Mar 2002 12:57:24
Message: <bmfs8ucdb3aovi7qp11r8t4hin6qnd3kth@4ax.com>
On Tue, 12 Mar 2002 20:39:44 +0300, "Vadim Sytnikov" <syt### [at] rucom> wrote:
> > Personally I like them. They simple split SDL into SD and L.
>
> To get a better idea of what I'm talking about, just compare POV-Ray and
> PolyRay scene description and include files...

I have never worked with PolyRay but I just downloaded polydoc.lzh. All files
inside are 5 years old. It suggests it died and further it suggests there were
reason for it. Perhaps one of it was limitations in SDL ?

> While POV-Ray is by far more
> superior as a tool, it lacks PolyRay's elegance as a language (i.e.
> regardless of what that language is capable of).

???
I consider POV-SDL very elegant :-)
As I said I don't know POlyRay very well - pont me what exactly is more
elegant there ?

> We're all artists inside...

Pov-community is artistical and technical equally imo :-)

ABX